Sunday, July 01, 2007

Open Letter to ‘The Man’

An open letter to Telstra, all your base are belong to shareholders.

On June 15th 2007 I was moved from Bigpond Legacy platform to the new Moby platform, everything went seemingly well, my usage was reset and I could now download 12GB a month (yes I enjoy paying $70 a month for the scraps of the internet)

However the days leading up to the change my connecting would drop out every 2hrs and the problem was seemingly fixed after the migration, but now the problem has appeared again along with a host of new issues.

The contract states that after I hit my usage limit that I will be capped to 64kbps, that’s all well and good, however (I think I will be using this word a lot), on legacy the 6KBps I was getting was acceptable, usable and downright bearable. On Moby I get 3KBps, I can’t surf the web, I can’t even download my email.

Speaking of mail and the new homepage, its takes me 3mins to load the www.bigpond.com home page, haven’t you ever heard of the word ‘Simple’, i cant even use the 'Contact' link to email this to you, yet (maybe in 6 months when you fix it). I tried using webmail to delete some large files that couldn’t get through the narrow capped internet tubes, However (see what I mean) webmail doesn’t work, every click leads to a system error on the page, my inbox is now 55% of 20MB and its only been 3 days, im waiting for my inbox to fill to the brim and spill its lovely crap juices all over the internet.

Now, let me explain who I am, I was an under appreciated and over worked phone monkey for Bigpond once upon a time, certain over paid seniors used to come to ME and the team I was in for help. So don’t think that for some reason I am some retired user who doesn’t know a mouse from a potato and spends his free time writing letters to the editor. I am a computer technician, I fix my own problems, except when Telstra turns a multibillion dollar infrastructure into quivering virgin’s panties. Blood stains included.

You can say Im a little biased.

At the moment Australia is one of the only countries with usage limits or ‘caps’, why? Because our infrastructure can’t handle all the users on the network, a few years ago there was 1 month where every Bigpond user had no limits; these users brought the internet infrastructure to its knees. Other non-Bigpond users couldn’t even get to Google because of this. Thus showing that the internet tubes in Australia were designed by Nikolai Tesla and implemented by the 3 stooges, yuk yuk, yuk yuk.

However (3rd time mofos) Telstra over charges for their internet services, the only reason im on Bigpond Cable is because I wanted Cable, ADSL2 had not matured yet and I regret not being more patient. Telstra records profits of Billions of dollars a year, what do you spend it on? Trips to Thailand, I hear those lady-boys are nice. Is the money spent on pleasing the share holders, I know I didn’t get paid that well, so that money didn’t go to me, you don’t pay your contractors well, so the money doesn’t go to them, The skid marked infrastructure is leased to other ISPs, so where does all the money go? Are you building a Deathstar?

In conclusion, I like to say that when my contract is up I am moving on, not that a faceless monster of a company cares, hell you never cared about your employees why should 1 unsatisfied user matter. However (4th wind mofos) the more people you piss off the more its going to hurt you later, Who knows, its quite possible that in the near future I become the manager of infrastructure at a very large company and ill say, “Lets go DoDo, cant be any worse than Telstra”

P.S Don’t bother emailing me back, I can’t receive email, remember?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home