Australia Day
![]() ![]() | ![]() ![]() |
Friday 26th,
10:10am: Arrive at Mousies house, Mousie hasn’t appeared yet, i borrowed a bucket from his sister and Rain-X the windshield, only to later find out that Rain-X doesn’t work with splattered bugs.
10:30am: Mousie, MissForby and Mark arrive, MissForby drives a Suzuki Clubsport and Mark drives a very bling Bangbus Hilux
11:00am: MissForby goes to get Fool-injected, mean while the rest of us get fuel, batteries and stuff. I mention to the girls to kill anybody who gets too close to our cars.
The Rav4s tires havnt had air put into them for 2 years; the tire pressure reads 22 PSI, which explains the xtra grip over roundabouts and gutters.
11:30am: MissForby arrives at BP like she was suppose to, but we are sitting at Caltex.
12:45pm: Arrive at Pennant hills McDonalds; steal 2 trays for sand surfing, Meet LaFonda and her Dingo/Dog.
3:30pm: We arrive and air down our tires, im told to put the Rav on 15 PSI, which we later found out is too high.
3:45pm: The 4-point harness works a treat as we bump over rocks, we arrive at “Suicide Hill” which only 2 out of 5 cars can get up, and a jeep is stuck and is snatch strapped and pulled; only it is dragged sideways and almost ends up in the bushes.
4:00pm: We take another “easier” path; The Rav gets stuck on its belly with all 4 wheels spinning, a combination of things causes this, 15 inch wheels, Soccer mom gearbox, standard ride height and as Fool-injected says, “Stiff sidewalls on the tires”.
The Rav gets dragged back and is ditched in the trees. The car smells like burning clutch.
4:30pm: Some of us have to march across the desert, I feel very Arabic at this point. MissForby picks me up and I remember that Sierras are as rickety as hell.
5:00pm: Setup tents, go for short swim, dive roll down a hill trying to sand surf and drink non-alcoholic vodka cruisers (aka Cordial).
Dig holes all over the sand which many people fall in, Ashleigh steps on the shovel and Dr Fool-injected helps out with bandages.
Mousey and Co go sand surfing, Mousie ends face first into the sand. His Maverick ends up the same way when night driving with bull bar and front diff tasting sand.
10pm: J-top, Capsiz, Kim and J-top’s dog Piglet arrive
I hide my head under the pillow as I listen to La Fonda screaming at the top of her lungs that there’s a baby on the other side of the hill and that we should be quiet. Ironic
Also, apparently I snore, really really loud.
Saturday 27th,
My phone was left in my bag so I had no sense of time,
Morning, breakfast sand-wich,
We go to the beach and I get to see Lafonda in a bikini again, hubba hubba.
On the way back we see these Tasmanians stuck on the beach, they have a Surf 4Runner, from what I can gather from J-top’s tech babble, their diff has cracked and they need new hubs, basically their farked and we escort them out.
While waiting for some of the crew to catch up on the dirt road, I hear La Fondas car go *boom, pssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*, the aircon seal had blown, so no more aircon for La Fonda.
On the way back “Suicide hill” has been blocked by a CRV and the yankee driving it has wondered why VTEC hasn’t kicked in, yo.
A Toyota Delica amazingly powers up the hill without getting stuck.
We wait back at camp, it hot, farken hot, so we take like Charlie to the trees, after a few hours the wind picks up and sand blast everything to oblivion.
MissForby’s tent collapses a leg, I got to see what’s wrong and 2 more points collapse. We pack up and head for shelter.
The Rav4 is recovered and we all air up again, we get to meet MJWatt for about 20min.
The crew heads out to Chris’s house and we camp in his paddock, Chris drives the CAP-SIZ sierra over everything that is stationary.
Fool-injected starts a fire and we have a yarn and impale marhmallows.
Sunday 28th,
All highways are blocked, so we drive around Mount Akina… I mean Ferry Mans place and take a ferry across the water, it takes 7 hours to get home,
The Rav gets the scrubbing of its life.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home