Bogans Heroes
Bogans, you gots love them, I think they are the number one form of entertainment in Australia, they are not seen on regular TV as the censorship people probably won’t allow it, but on the news they are plentiful
For those non-Australians I have a definition for you from Wikipedia.
Bogan (pronounced / bow-gun /, which rhymes with slogan) is an Australian and New Zealand English slang term, generally pejorative, for a person who is, or is perceived to be, unsophisticated or of a lower class background. The stereotype defines the speech and mannerisms of "bogans" to indicate poor education and uncultured upbringing. It mostly encompasses white, working-class people.
When crap goes down in Australia, bogans are usually responsible, I wouldn’t be surprised if they assassinated JFK but I don’t think they’ve been around that long.
What kind of news articles do bogans inspire, well there’s:
‘Child attacked by family pet’
Pit-bull attacks unsupervised child, parents claim dog is part of family and refuse to put it down. Child attacks and kills dog; parents want to put down child, as child now has taste of blood.
‘New born in the dryer’
Babies mamma leaves child in care of new boyfriend so she can grab some smokos and grog. Dopey ass guy gives the baby a bath and then puts baby in dryer.
‘Flag outrages community’
Parents find that their 5yr old likes a brightly coloured flag and hang said flag on the flag pole. Neighbours come over and tell them it’s actually a swastika, to which they reply “we didn’t know what it was”.
Uneducated is an understatement, once sure way of identifying a bogan is the pronunciation of certain words, Minto for example is a suburb in Sydney, which is normally pronounces Min-Toe, bogans pronounce this as Min-Oh. Tsk Tsk Tsk.
Recently when shopping Cookie announced to me that there were so many bogans around that it seemed like a Casey Chambers concert, how right she was.
I had the unfortunate experience of going out with one when I was a teen, not so many years ago, she didn’t do the whole smack talk routine of slurred words, but from what my friends tell me, she smelled a bit (see as how I don’t have a sense of smell I didn’t notice, but that’s a story for another time, kids), and then she gave me fleas (Rices tale of woe will be covered at a later date).
Things are pretty dandy if they are not around but if you happen to work with one (like me) or live near some (like me) then get the brick-proof windows ready.
Lesson learned, Burn cloths after meeting bogans.
For those non-Australians I have a definition for you from Wikipedia.
Bogan (pronounced / bow-gun /, which rhymes with slogan) is an Australian and New Zealand English slang term, generally pejorative, for a person who is, or is perceived to be, unsophisticated or of a lower class background. The stereotype defines the speech and mannerisms of "bogans" to indicate poor education and uncultured upbringing. It mostly encompasses white, working-class people.
When crap goes down in Australia, bogans are usually responsible, I wouldn’t be surprised if they assassinated JFK but I don’t think they’ve been around that long.
What kind of news articles do bogans inspire, well there’s:
‘Child attacked by family pet’
Pit-bull attacks unsupervised child, parents claim dog is part of family and refuse to put it down. Child attacks and kills dog; parents want to put down child, as child now has taste of blood.
‘New born in the dryer’
Babies mamma leaves child in care of new boyfriend so she can grab some smokos and grog. Dopey ass guy gives the baby a bath and then puts baby in dryer.
‘Flag outrages community’
Parents find that their 5yr old likes a brightly coloured flag and hang said flag on the flag pole. Neighbours come over and tell them it’s actually a swastika, to which they reply “we didn’t know what it was”.
Uneducated is an understatement, once sure way of identifying a bogan is the pronunciation of certain words, Minto for example is a suburb in Sydney, which is normally pronounces Min-Toe, bogans pronounce this as Min-Oh. Tsk Tsk Tsk.
Recently when shopping Cookie announced to me that there were so many bogans around that it seemed like a Casey Chambers concert, how right she was.
I had the unfortunate experience of going out with one when I was a teen, not so many years ago, she didn’t do the whole smack talk routine of slurred words, but from what my friends tell me, she smelled a bit (see as how I don’t have a sense of smell I didn’t notice, but that’s a story for another time, kids), and then she gave me fleas (Rices tale of woe will be covered at a later date).
Things are pretty dandy if they are not around but if you happen to work with one (like me) or live near some (like me) then get the brick-proof windows ready.
Lesson learned, Burn cloths after meeting bogans.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home