Saturday, September 02, 2006

Where are my spoon engines?

People often ask me, “Why didn’t you just quit if you hated the job so much?” Devils ISP was not a place I could just leave, I might have had to leave a finger, Yakuza style.

“I like the tuna here” is a response I would normally give.

Confusion is always a good reaction.

I actually got myself into quite pickle, rent was high and I had a loan for a car I didn’t even pick, so couldn’t just pick up and leave.

There was also the problem of 2 weeks notice, quitting outright would mean I wouldn’t get my annual leave, so when I eventually left I took the cash and I took the respect, to some people that’s more important.

Now the car that gets me from A to B is quite a 10sec warrior, it’s a Toyota Rav4.
4WD, 2LT 90kw engine, convertible top and if required - overnight parts from Japan.

I learnt to drive manual in this car, problem is that I went to the Need for Speed school of driving, for one thing I redline the engine before I shift and 2 I make whoosh whoosh noises as I change gears, it drives cookie mad.

I also have this niggling problem where I turn corners too fast with 2 lateral Gs pushing against me, I end up holding onto the door and turning with one hand, this is known as the God-Arm technique, but what is really happening is im holding on for dear life and I hope my arm can turn the wheel.

The God-Arm only appears because of a technique called God-Foot, otherwise known as the super-late-braking technique; thank God I don’t own a RWD car.

The RAV is quite a beast as ive beaten many Falcadores off the line in street light racing, I should avoid the whole 5000rpm GTR launches as the clutch has now given out, the car is now powered by hopes and dreams.

I hope to fix my baby real soon. Im lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn’t blow the welds on the intake.

Lesson learned, note-to-self purchase replacement piston rings I just fried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home