Blue Teeth
The Bluetooth revolution is upon us, no longer is technology used by a minority, therein lays the biggest problem, Bluetooth ear pieces are now worn as some sort of fashion statement.
I was at a site meeting recently, and 5 managers showed up, each in black suits, Bluetooth and carrying something to make them look important.
Ill digress for a moment, here’s a tip, if you want to look important, carry a airport style suit case behind you everywhere you go, you know, the ones with wheels and a carry handle, it makes you look like your going on an important business meeting, possibly company funded but in actuality your carrying spare underwear for those bad days at work.
OK, now back to the Men in Black, never mind the fact that these men and women look like CIA or Secret Service but do you really need to have a bright flashing blue light popping up on the side of your head every few seconds when talking to me, I mean really, you wear hands free because you have no free hands, I don’t feel the need for you to write notes while scratching your ass.
The other thing about the Fab 5 is that they seemed to walk in a line, possible in order of importance or perhaps they drew straws before they got there.
“OK Bill, it’s your turn to be in the back today”, “Oh man, that sucks and blows”
How many flashy blue lights do I need to see before I have an epileptic attack, it is not Close encounters of the third kind, we are not communicating via disco light anymore.
As I stare into the blank abyss of the blue light I wonder if it is actually Morse code and the guy is telling me a German U-boat is coming.
Besides the “wanker” factor of wearing it these guys seem to be enjoying themselves, I was waiting for one of them to drop to the ground a start screaming,
“Gilligan’s down, Gilligan’s down”
I also caught a glimpse in the corner of my eye of one of them speaking into his wrist and muttering “the eagle has left the nest”.
Now what sparked this topic is 2 people I saw when shopping yesterday, the first one being a 10yr old boy with an ear piece on, I really wanted to chase him down and ask him why, the answer I imagined myself hearing was “I need to make time so I can spend time in my sand box” or quite possibly he’s expecting a phone call while on the wiggles ride.
The second person was a guy in his 50s, drunk, 5 0’clock shadow, ripped cloths and quite possible homeless but no, look Bluetooth headset, even the homeless have a sense of style. “I need all my hands for the trolley, mate, its not as easy as it looks you knows”
Indeed, trolleys require skill, patience and a daredevil attitude.
Lesson learned, the homeless require wireless too.
I was at a site meeting recently, and 5 managers showed up, each in black suits, Bluetooth and carrying something to make them look important.
Ill digress for a moment, here’s a tip, if you want to look important, carry a airport style suit case behind you everywhere you go, you know, the ones with wheels and a carry handle, it makes you look like your going on an important business meeting, possibly company funded but in actuality your carrying spare underwear for those bad days at work.
OK, now back to the Men in Black, never mind the fact that these men and women look like CIA or Secret Service but do you really need to have a bright flashing blue light popping up on the side of your head every few seconds when talking to me, I mean really, you wear hands free because you have no free hands, I don’t feel the need for you to write notes while scratching your ass.
The other thing about the Fab 5 is that they seemed to walk in a line, possible in order of importance or perhaps they drew straws before they got there.
“OK Bill, it’s your turn to be in the back today”, “Oh man, that sucks and blows”
How many flashy blue lights do I need to see before I have an epileptic attack, it is not Close encounters of the third kind, we are not communicating via disco light anymore.
As I stare into the blank abyss of the blue light I wonder if it is actually Morse code and the guy is telling me a German U-boat is coming.
Besides the “wanker” factor of wearing it these guys seem to be enjoying themselves, I was waiting for one of them to drop to the ground a start screaming,
“Gilligan’s down, Gilligan’s down”
I also caught a glimpse in the corner of my eye of one of them speaking into his wrist and muttering “the eagle has left the nest”.
Now what sparked this topic is 2 people I saw when shopping yesterday, the first one being a 10yr old boy with an ear piece on, I really wanted to chase him down and ask him why, the answer I imagined myself hearing was “I need to make time so I can spend time in my sand box” or quite possibly he’s expecting a phone call while on the wiggles ride.
The second person was a guy in his 50s, drunk, 5 0’clock shadow, ripped cloths and quite possible homeless but no, look Bluetooth headset, even the homeless have a sense of style. “I need all my hands for the trolley, mate, its not as easy as it looks you knows”
Indeed, trolleys require skill, patience and a daredevil attitude.
Lesson learned, the homeless require wireless too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home